- October 17, 2022
- Posted by: themsigroup
Recruitment Opportunity with Management Solutions International (MSI)
Our Client a reputable International School is hiring for their Oman operations:
Role : Principal
Location: Salalah, Oman
Reports to : Executive Director
Reported by: VP (Academics) , VP (Admin), Admin Officer
Nature / Scope of work:*
Serves as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, statutory requirements and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised & educated in a safe environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school. Achieve academic excellence through collaborative work and to direct and nurture all members of the school staff. Meeting the parents expectation and obtaining high level of parental satisfaction is prime important for the position. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for scheduling, curriculum development, extracurricular activities, personnel management, emergency procedures and facility operations.
The Principal shall:
1. Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
2. Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, and discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, building maintenance, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures. Ensure compliance with all laws, board policies and civil regulations.
3. Establish the annual master schedule for instructional programs, ensuring sequential learning experiences for students consistent with the school’s philosophy, mission statement and instructional goals.
4. Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
5. Establish procedures for evaluation and selection of instructional materials and equipment.
6. Supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards, consistent with the philosophy, values, and mission of the school. Ensure a safe, orderly environment that encourages students to take responsibility for behavior and creates high morale among staff and students. File all required reports regarding violence, vandalism, attendance and discipline matters.
7. Establish a professional rapport with students and with staff that has their respect. Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents and school personnel. Serve as a role model for students, dressing professionally, demonstrating the importance and relevance of learning, accepting responsibility, and demonstrating pride in the education profession. Encourage all teachers to do the same.
8. Notify immediately higher ups when there is evidence of substance abuse, child abuse, child neglect, severe medical or social conditions, potential suicide or students appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances.
9. Keep the ED advised of employees not meeting their contractual agreement.
10 Keep the staff informed and seek ideas for the improvement of the school. Conduct meetings, as necessary, for the proper functioning of the school: weekly meetings for full-time staff; monthly staff meetings.
12. Establish and maintain an effective inventory system for all school supplies, materials and equipment and proper controls and systems for the stock management / asset management
13. Establish procedures that create and maintain attractive, organized, functional, healthy, clean, and safe facilities, with proper attention to the visual, acoustic and temperature.
14. Assume responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of students, employees and visitors.
15. Develop clearly understood procedures and provide regular drills for emergencies and disasters.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES LIST IS ONLY INDICATIVE AND SHALL BE ADDED WITH OTHER DUTIES AS NEED TO BE PERFORMED BY THE POSITION FROM TIME TO TIME.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Mention current, expected salary and notice period
Deadline: 30th October 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted